Students have pursued academic research across various faculties at the university for many years, and every academic year hundreds of students and instructors are involved in this unique method of nurturing talent. Research activity across the faculties varies significantly, as can be expected, given the special characteristics of their different fields of study. Although these scientific events organized and hosted at our diverse faculties are also somewhat different, they all share the same professional values and goals.
Who can participate?
All students pursuing bachelor-, master-, or joint bachelor/master-level degrees (whether full-time, part-time, or through distance learning) may participate in an institutional-level Scientific Student Conference before completing all their required coursework, as stipluated by the regulations of the Hungarian National Students’ Scientific Council. At the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences, however, under particular conditions, participation is also allowed for certain students involved in continuing education.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Writing a research paper for the Scientific Student Conference provides students with the opportunity to dig deeper in a particular field of study and take a closer look at a particularly interesting professional question;
- The paper may form the basis for a larger project such as a thesis;
- Successful performance at the Conference can lead to opportunities for students and benefit their academic or professional career, e.g. fellowships (e.g. BME GTK 400+ Fellowship Programme), admittance to an MA/MSc programme (e.g. Institution of Business Studies), participation in / support from the Erasmus programme, Research Assistantship, admittance to a PhD programme;
- Participation helps develop academic skills such as academic writing and presentation skills;
- Success at the faculty, and especially at the national-level conference, brings with it a great degree of moral and professional satisfaction, and in some cases even financial reward.
Our department has always been eager and willing to provide the necessary research facilities for projects in our fields of study. This is of course only possible with the active participation of a strongly self-motivated student body, who are also supported by the student government, student councils for advanced studies, by various other student organizations, as well as by their academic advisors (including both our established tenured professors and young instructors, who had often successfully participated themselves in these student research fora).
Fields of study in which to enter the Scientific Student Conference at the Department of Management and Business Economics:
- Quality Management and Business Statistics
- Production Management, Project Management, and Logistics
Research papers for Scientific Student Conferences in the past five years, written under the supervision our faculty:
|Sent to National Conference||5||5||1||4||10||11||6|
|Awarded at National Conferences (bi-annually)||3||2||5|